Centre for the Study of Co-operatives Seminar Series
The Centre sponsors a seminar series during the term, which showcases our own current and ongoing research projects, as well as that of others in complementary fields. Past topics have included such diverse subjects as interdisciplinarity, community networking, gender gaps in co-op leadership, co-operatives and international development, co-operation under communism, community economic development, co-operatives and sustainable development, adaptation in agricultural co-ops, forestry co-operatives, fair trade, aboriginal co-operatives, and student co-operatives.
For the International Year of Co-operatives in 2012, the Centre has been presenting a particularly stimulating and celebratory seminar series to honour the occasion. We hope you will continue to attend the series into 2013.
Ads for upcoming seminars are posted well ahead of time on the Centre’s website. They are also advertised in the “Coming Events” section of On Campus News and on the University’s events calendar.
To see a list of previous seminars, see our Seminar Series Archives.
For additional information about our seminar series, please contact the Centre: phone 966-8509; fax 966-8517; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centre for the Study of Co-operatives Seminar Series 2012/13
Celebrating the International Year of Co-operatives
- Thursday, October 4, 2012, 2:45 – 4:00 pm. Rm 46, Edwards School of Business / Kathy Bardswick, President and CEO, the Co-operators Group / Title: Balancing Growth and Sustainability / Reception to follow. Find details here.
- Because of our Building a Better West Conference November 1-3, there will not be a seminar in November.
- Monday, December 3, 2012, 4:00 pm. Rm 18, Edwards School of Business / Scott Banda, CEO of Federated Co-op Ltd / The Co-operative Advantage / Reception to follow. Find details here.
- Monday, January 21, 2013, 4:00 – 5:15, Rm 12, Edwards School of Business / Keith Nixon, Interim CEO, SaskCentral / Title: Counting on the Difference: Credit Unions and the Co-operative Model / Reception to follow. Find details here.
- February / The Fredeen Memorial Seminar / details to be announced
- March / Ian MacPherson / details to be announced
- April / Ken Koslofski / details to be announced